Sunday 4 October 2009

The confusion of moi

Yeesh: mobile phones! I'm not usually a high tech girl with phones. I don't want an MP3 player (I have one already), or a camera (I have one of those too), I don't want anything else, I just want to make phone calls, and send texts.
But recently, I've been thinking. I pay £15 a month for a SIM only deal...and I bought my phone 18 months ago. Which means that there's no such things as an upgrade for me, or attempts to buy my loyalty. So, for a wee bit more a month, I could have a shiny new toy, and more benefits, including internet access, and a phone that doesn't have a fit for 3 days if someone tries to send me a picture text (which happened again this week - 5 failed text notifications a day on average for that).

So....I'm trying to figure out how to buy a phone. It ain't easy. I know what phone I want, so next was finding who supplies it...so there's 2 options. And, of course, I'll be going through a cashback site so I can get some money off. And I can't get the phone I want with a less than 24 month contract, so do I buy the phone for a discount and get a smaller monthly contract? Or pay for the phone entirely within the contract? I decided on buying the phone.
And then, I find out I can get free landline internet with the phone from one supplier, but the offer's only valid until the 20th. But I can't get through to my supplier to find when my landline contract ends.
And I try putting in the mobile phone and contract plan I want in the online basket, and the mobile internet access, which shows as being included on the package page, isn't there when I look at the basket detail, and is there as an extra £5 add-on option. But it's not an add-on: it's meant to be part of the package.
I called them, but after 5 mins on hold, I gave up.

I'm admitting defeat for the day...I've got a headache now!!

PHONES!!!

4 comments:

  1. But the good thing about these smartphones is that you don't have to carry around a separate mp3 player and camera.

    I'd be lost without my iPhone now, the only fault I have with it is the camera is poor, but they've fixed that with the 3GS.

    The HTC Hero is pretty good as well, two people in work now have them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But I like having a separate MP3 player, and camera! The camera's better than a phone camera would be, and the battery life's going to be bad enough without draining it playing music (which I don't do very often anyway - I'm only vaguely interested in music).
    It's the HTC Hero I'm going to get...when the planets are properly aligned *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think you'd be too disappointed with the HTC Hero, there's a lot you can do with it and the Android platform is far more open than iPhone is.

    It has a 5 mega pixel camera, should be good for those times when you haven't got a camera around.

    Very nice spec though.

    http://www.htc.com/www/product/hero/specification.html

    Buy it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know....I'm *trying* to buy it!

    ReplyDelete

 
Real Time Web Analytics